Chef's Recipe Series
Rock Shrimp Potstickers
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 6 people
- 25 Gyoza (potsticker skins, or won ton wrappers)
- ½ lb. Rock Shrimp, Drained and Chopped in Food Processor
- ½ lb. Ground Pork
- 1 ½ teaspoons Chopped Garlic
- ¼ Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce (Bottled)
- 1 Tablespoon Corn Starch
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Ginger Root, Peeled and Minced
- ¼ Cup Carrot, Peeled and Minced
- ¼ Cup Leeks, Cleaned and Minced
- 1/8 Cup Chopped Nappa Cabbage
- Peanut Oil
- Pickled Ginger
- Shredded Vegetables (optional)
Place all potsticker ingredients in a large bowl, except for the gyozas and mix by hand.
Lay one gyoza on a flat surface and add approximately one tablespoon of shrimp mixture to the center. Wet the edge of the gyoza with water and fold in half to close. Pinch the two sides together to ensure a tight seal.
When the wrappers are all filled, begin cooking procedure. In a heavy stock pot, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil. When water is boiling, cook 6-8 potstickers at a time for 1-1 ½ minutes (to cook internally).
After boiling potstickers, heat 2 tablespoons of peanut oil in a non-stick saute pan or wok, gently place drained potstickers in hot oil- when browned on one side, transfer to a paper towel to drain oil off.
CHEF’S NOTE: Oyster sauce, Pickled ginger and Gyoza can be purchased at Asian markets and at most specialty food shops.